Sunday 20 January 2008

reawakening



It’s not even February and things are starting to wake up already. Suddenly things feel to be alive and emerging from dormancy. It’s hard to describe quite why since there aren’t many actual changes, it’s just a general feeling. I imagine all the rain we’ve been having is a contributing factor but the temperatures have been higher than they usually are at this time of year. I wonder what will happen when we have the inevitable (I assume!) snow and ice in February and March.

I’ve been making the compost heap out of kitchen vegetable waste, green allotment waste and activator that I have accumulated since before Christmas. It’s a job that’s easier to do in warmer weather so I thought I’d grab the opportunity, besides the soil is too clarty (not sure if I’ve invented this word?!) for digging today.

I’ve been looking at the central path and I’ve realised that it curves along the top of the ridge about half way down the allotment. This explains why I always seem to be confused when I try to work with plans that I’ve drawn up. Back to the drawing board…

No comments: