Tuesday 1 January 2008

anxious robin




I’ve been clearing behind my neighbour’s fence where there are several shrubs winding themselves together; honeysuckle, something evergreen and brambles to ensure an almost impervious cocktail. I’ve come across 3 nests, which when I returned to photograph what I’ve been doing, I saw a robin looking somewhat perturbed. I’m assuming I’ve uncovered last years’ birthing place. I hope I haven’t made it homeless!

I was very pleasantly interrupted in what I was doing by a friend who lives up the lane arriving with a cup of her husband’s homemade winter vegetable soup, containing some of my artichokes.

Last night on the run-up to midnight I was hatching my plan for the layout of beds and sowing for the coming year. I also managed to place my seed order on-line just before the end of 2007, a job well done.

No comments: