Tuesday 11 March 2008

happy hedgehog day



Spring must be here because the hibernating hedgehog has woken and wandered off. I’m so happy that it has survived winter in the environs of my allotment.

I have planted sweet peas along the wire fence that I repaired. I have provided each seed with a raspberry cane to climb up. I have less seed than I should have for the length of bed, so I’ve planted one at each cane instead of the recommended two and hope they will all be productive.

My bungalow neighbour has asked me to buy him some canes to grow beans up. The neighbour who lets me use her bonfire stopped for a chat and was saying that she hadn’t heard if she was able to have the allotment she’s applied for. I suggested she ring and remind them about it. Sure enough, a little later she hailed me to say “I’ve got it!” I am so happy for her and congratulated her as enthusiastically as if she had just given birth to a third child!

No comments: