Saturday 23 February 2008

positive feedback



Warmer weather is making for easier digging. I’m working around the currant and gooseberry bushes that every year become choked by willow herb, nettles and bindweed. I pruned them the first year so last year they were barren but they now have new budding growth, which I hope will bear fruit abundantly.

I spent some time working together with my wall-building friend to take down a large section of wall that needs to be rebuilt. He is now digging out the foundations that seem to be bottomless.

One of my fellow allotmenteers this morning said that people were commentating (as he puts it) on how much progress has been made in my allotment, which is very encouraging. I think this was said during the council lorry visit this morning, an event that I totally forgot about.

No comments: