Wednesday 6 February 2008

domestic distractions

I’m only able to be here for a short spell on this spring-like though breezy day. I brought my lunch and did some digging. This morning I was at home for the plumber whom came to see why our hot water is cold. He was with us two days ago unblocking the sink after it became blocked by our youngest daughter pouring meat fat down it, which wasn’t really her fault, just a gap in her education since I don’t cook that kind of food.

Also this morning I was clearing her bedroom, a task I don’t generally take responsibility for, but she was ‘creeped out’ by the fact that the room was full of crickets that had tried to escape from the impending doom of being fed to her gekko, Evo, which I hasten to add was not bought into our family home but rescued from our eldest daughter’s boyfriend who had reluctantly received it as a birthday present from his university friends and who wanted it to have a better home.

I must go now to my the art group that I run at a nearby college. I was wondering whilst digging about maybe bringing them here one week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea! Get the art group round to dig the trenches for your potatoes. Invite them back in June or whenever to feast their eyes on the first earlies out of the ground. Perhaps construct a temporary sculpture out of potatoes before retiring to eat them with fresh mint?