Monday 8 October 2007

rediscovered fragments


Thursday 4th October

I’ve resolved to dig 12foot strips at a time in the lower area, gradually working my way to the entrance. Tightened up the scythe and it works well on Golden Rod which it turns out is the rhizome who’s identity I was unsure of in the Spring.

I’ve cleared the lean-to at home this week and re-discovered a box of fragments that I dug out of the last plot I cultivated (in Cornwall), I’ve brought them here to sort out and possibly integrate into this current plot. I’ve just found the discarded empty tube of oil paint that I like to believe contained some of the pigment in Harold Harvey’s ‘Blue Door’. I found it close to where he must have painted from, in front of his house. Perhaps I’ll send it to the Penlee House Museum which is home to the Newlyn School collection.

2 hours (including a 15 minute break) and I’ve dug about 40 (6x7) square feet.

No comments: