Wednesday 3 October 2007

more time

Wednesday 3rd October

I’ve been scything a bit (I bought a scythe today) it seemed to tackle nettles and thistles better than shears but the blade soon came loose and I lost patience with it. So, I’ve returned to the digging I started yesterday. It’s very slow progress and since I have roughly 7,500 square feet of allotment the fact that it’s taken me about an hour to dig 15 is a little daunting. Just as well I’m not looking for a well-manicured plot. What it does show me though is that I need to be here more often and for longer.

An hour later and now I’ve dug 25 square feet today.

2 comments:

The Good News Company said...

You are addicted to digging!
I find it a bit weird actually.
Can't see how you can possibly enjoy such a repetitive, mundane and physical task so much!? Maybe I am missing out - I have never tried it.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Laura!
Digging is fantastic and you've got all winter so no need to rush.

Now then, have you planned your potatoes? Good news Pomeroy is back. The most fantastic maincrop potato ever (I think). You can get it at thompson and morgan.
XX

Dave