Saturday 29 December 2007

sprouts and friendship


Nearly called off wall-building today because I’ve a nasty cold but woke up to a sunny and bright morning and decided the fresh air would do me good. It has. I’ve been digging while my friend’s been building. I’m now sitting in the shed waiting for the kettle to boil for coffee for the two of us and one of the other allotmenteers who’s turned up for a chat and to harvest some of his sprouts.

I wonder how much of this cold I’m suffering from is to do with being stuck inside over Christmas, I think my body is acclimatised nowadays to being outside for a considerable part of most days. A short dog walk isn’t the same as a few hours digging.

I’ve been looking at the plan on my studio wall at home over the Christmas week and realising that I am way behind with my digging plan, however I hadn’t expected to be getting my wall rebuilt which has been a serendipitous experience in the thing itself and in the building of a new friendship.

No comments: