Saturday 1 December 2007

sick note

After a stormy night it’s a mostly mild and bright day. Usually, nowadays, Saturdays are wall-building days but my consultant/colleague in this task has hurt his back and is in a lot of pain so the soup we usually consume for our lunch in the shed I instead delivered to him as recovery food. The other half of the pan-full is for our middle daughter who’s ill in bed at home. I hope it helps to make them both better.

This morning at a Christmas bazaar I saw a friend who lives up the lane from the allotment, she was commenting to her husband that she’d witnessed a scene she considered highly incongruous this week. She was referring to me sitting outside my shed with my laptop on my knee. Her husband, a farmer/ builder gave this some consideration and commented on the bringing together of work with a peaceful environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it waterproof?