Tuesday 7 October 2008

towards the end of the story and the start of another...






Saturday 6th September

I’ve worked here from 9.15 until 11.45 this morning with 2 key tasks to complete. I had to take photographs for a book I am collaborating in which involved digging up the horseshoe from under the cowslip as well as including some other imported objects. I also dug my potatoes and seedbed seedlings (leeks and brassicas) and some herbs that I grew from seed last year, to transplant into my new garden. I’ve no shed here now it’s waiting to be re-erected in Cornwall but I still parked my tools and bags on the site where it stood; force of habit I suppose…
… I’m back this afternoon after sharing lunch with my (book) co-collaborator. I’m sitting under my elder/rose arbour on the palette I placed there for this purpose. I’m planning one more visit here at the end of the month to harvest sweetcorn, artichokes and anything else that’s thriving and to finally let go. The rain is coming again- it’s been miraculously dry in spells today after what feels like constant rain for several days, so time to move on now…

No comments: