Friday 31 October 2008

back on track




Back in my shed, back on broadband and so all up and running. The lesson learned is that transition always takes longer than I anticipate and that trying to rush it is fruitless and frustrating.

In the meantime I’ve spent time deciding which bits of the grass to dig up for a kitchen garden. It’s very different working a garden as opposed to an allotment, there are other people’s needs to consider such as spaces to sit in the sun and the shade and the provision of flowers as well as food. Today I completed digging my first vegetable bed in which to plant some of the garlic I grew on my allotment this year.

I just had to retrieve my dog from the garden of the house behind ours. He has found a way to push through the barrier I’ve made out of the branches I’ve pruned from evergreen trees. I lured him back with some cheese (a delicacy he can never refuse even when it’s wrapped around a tablet he won’t eat any other way) and now he’s locked in the house again, silly dog. We are going to have to buy some more effective fencing, chicken wire probably, which will at least be one step towards keeping hens.

1 comment:

Lauren Velvick said...

messing about online on saturday night I checked your allotment blog. Delighted to see you're online again and our daft dogs love cheese too!