Monday 28 December 2015

So much for New Year's resolutions!

My penultimate post stated my intention to be more vigilant on the plot and blog. it is now nearly 3 years later! I hesitate to make another promise to myself but I am hoping to have a more productive year  in fast approaching 2016. I now have a very splendid shed, since last Spring and I have prepared some of the ground by covering it with weed suppressing fabric to make it so much easier to dig. Olive, black labrador, is now 2 years old and more sensible on the plot than the 2 previous seasons.
I was there yesterday, briefly, planting 8 raspberry canes (4 summer and 4 autumn) given to me by Michael the week before. It has been extremely wet the last few weeks and what with gale force winds it hasn't been ideal weather for gardening. However, I had forgotten how good the soil is and that despite the deluge the ground is still possible to dig and it is particularly mild so no excuses for staying away.

PS During the previous 3 years I have published a few allotment posts to another blog that's connected to a project called 'Roaming': http://roamingon.weebly.com/allotment.html

No comments: